9月 04, 2006

24 Hours

In less than 24 hours away, I will be on a plane heading to Japan for the start of my English teaching adventure. Am I excited? Yes, but if you look at me, you'd never be able to tell. More than anything I am a little nervous as I haven't been on a plane for about 10 years and never to another country without my family. I will be going with my WLU housemate Roberta, so those who know us, prepare for a series of whacky and weird stories :)

When we get to Japan, I will be staying in Saitama Prefecture, in a town called Fujimi-shi. It's in the Kanto region of Japan, which is the in the same region as Tokyo. Its about 40-minutes ride from Fujimi to Tokyo by shinkansen.

Not many more details really, I will post more when I get there :)

This blog is just to chronicle my 1 year experience to keep in touch with those at home. Please leave comments, I'd be really happy to hear from you. And if there are weird questions that you always wondered about Japan, feel free to ask :P

12 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

hello hello!

question: what's a shinkansen?

ps: hope you have a great time in japan!!

~ Janice

9/04/2006 10:26:00 午後  
Blogger Steph said...

Shinkansen is a bullet train :D

9/04/2006 11:29:00 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

i hear toilets, or at least some of them, are holes in the ground.. possibly with a seat. please photo-document this.

9/04/2006 11:52:00 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hey Steph, have a safe and wonderful trip!!!!!

9/05/2006 12:10:00 午前  
Blogger Roberta said...

Less than 24h BABY!!!!

9/05/2006 01:45:00 午前  
Blogger iola said...

Have fun! and see you in 8 months or so! XD

9/05/2006 04:04:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hi Step,

Don't worry, be happy, you will have a lot of funs in Japan through the experience. NOthing to worry than enjoy your time and explore the world of Japan.

Look positive, and ready for the venture.

Have a safe flight and fantastic trip.

Cheers.
Dr.Ann

9/05/2006 06:58:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hey Steph, enjoy your trip and keep in touch!

9/05/2006 07:26:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

take care steph ^^ remember to take lots of pics of school girls for me

- you know who this is

9/05/2006 02:53:00 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Have fun Steph.... take lots of pictures (and unlike the person who wrote before, not of school girls please!)

Enjoy Japan!

mh

9/06/2006 02:35:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

who is felix?

i suspect that the reason why you're in japan is to get away from that person... =)

9/12/2006 04:49:00 午前  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!! :D

joseph: Felix is my cousin... LOL

9/13/2006 09:10:00 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home