9月 13, 2006

Arrived!...

I know it's already been a week but I'm just posting to show that I have safely arrived to Japan and am still alive.

The plane ride was definitely an interesting experience as the first leg to vancouver had us (Roberta and I) stuck on a flight with a bunch of high school kids. VERY ANNOYING. What's worse is that our travel agent lady promised us that we would get the window and aisle seat on the side of the plane... Definitely got screwed and shoved in the middle, which is bad cause if you've seen me sleep while sitting, you know my head will slowy fall to one side and there is potential for a little drool. I'm sure this freaked Roberta out... but has I understand it, i woke up before I had the chance to fall on her shoulder. Luckily the other side of me was an empty seat. Otherwise it would be a lose lose situation. I did wake up once to find someone sitting on the empty seat tho, which really freaked me out!!! When we stopped to vancouver, we went looking for something to eat. We heard tehre was a Wendy's or Burger King somewhere but couldn't find it and started wandering around the airport. We walked toward a security guard thinking there was food beyond him but thought that he was at a special checkpoint and couldn't walk further so we started to turn back around. He definitely looked at us and said 'where are you going' REALLY SLOWLY and 'do you have a ticket? TICKET? TICK-ET' while miming the shape of a ticket. He was talking to us like we didn't know english!! We told him we were just looking for food and he still seemed to think we didn't really understand english and asked where we were headed and what we wanted to do. It was like two different conversations were taking place. We kept saying FOOD and he kept asking where were going :S But clearly, Roberta and I were speaking in plain english... but I guess he just looked at us and assumed that we were confused or something. On the plane to Japan was funny, Roberta and I kept wondering if the cabin crew would speak to us in Japanese or KNOW that we were non-Japanese. Some would speak to us in english all the time while others would ask us things in Japanese. Again we got shafted and had to sit in the middle section of the seats. Roberta near the aisle, and me on the inner part of a set of 4 seats. Again Igot lucky and the next two seats next to me were empty. It's like I was avoided in advance or something on both flights. I thought that was pretty funny. Some man came upto me and started speaking to me in Japanese... turns out he just sat down on the empty seat and stayed there for the rest of the flight. I didn't know you were allowed to do that.

When we got off the plane, a man named Cookie from our company came to meet us. Roberta thought she heard cookie but we both thought that can't be right and thought that she also heard Bobby. I finally got ir confirmed that it was Cookie yesterday. Its the weirdest thing, an Asian person with an british accent. I mean, I know it exists but its just that I've nvr heard it before. It was so HOT when we landed. We stepped outside and it was BLOODY hot... never sweated so much just sitting there waiting for a bus. After we landed at Narita, we still had to take a 2 hr bus ride to Kawagoe... I didn't know this but apparently Narita airport is really far from Tokyo. Then we had to take the train to Tsuruse from Kawagoe which was 20 more minutes and walk an additional 10 minutes to our apartment. It was definitely hot and miserable. Our apartment is really nice even though it was pretty small. Its very strange, the toilet has its own little room and the seat is heated. There's also two modes to flush 'big' and 'small' and when you flush, there's a little faucet and sink on top to wash your hands. Its very strange. There there's another room w/ the sink and washing machine and inside this room is the shower w/ a lock on the door. So strange. My room is kind of small, just big enough to fit a futon. I 'll post some pictures later, I just don't have access to acomputer that I can upload them on.

Lots of weird stuff has happened already...and I'll post about it later. I think this rant has been long enough. Pretty random stuff, I know..

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Rant could be longer! But glad you posted to know you're still blogging your adventure!
Have lots of fun!

9/14/2006 04:34:00 午前  
Blogger iola said...

XD sounds exciting already! Blog more!

Oh about the flights, something to keep in mind comming back, I think you can go online to see if you can get better seats 24hours within your flight. I think you can do that even if you booked through a travel agent. Of course that's provided there are still window seats left. :/ And yes~ if there are open seats you can technically move around, provided you don't try to sneak up to first class or something XD

9/14/2006 11:36:00 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home