Neglected...

The kamakuzuri in Kawagoe which is about 5 stops away. The funny thing with this is that everytime I goto Kawagoe, I go by myself and anyone who knows me at all knows that I'm horrible with directions. So obviously, I get lost. The signs aren't that great either. The signs that are in English are few and far between and you have to randomly walk in the direction it points you in for a bout 10 mins and hope that you see another sign so that you know you're going in the right direction. Of course when you get to the place it doesn't tell you where you are in English so you're not really sure what landmark you're at. I got lost so many times its not even funny :( I kept looking for the kamikuzuri which are these houses that surround kawagoe that used to be used as defense or something from a hundred years ago. I walk around and ask people in broken Japanese where they are...but becuase its MY Japanese I can ask the question but don't understand what they're saying in return :S .... The thing is I went to this place and was searching for the kamakuzuri for the WHOLE day, walking by these old school looking houses. I only found out that the old school houses were what I was looking for when I went home and saw a news program on TV about Kawagoe :S

Tokyo Tower the first time we went to see it. It was raining that day so it looks kind of bleak and unimpressive. We chose not to go up on that day because it was so rainy and probably couldn't see much of a view. Its not as high as I thought it would be...but i know it is taller than the Eifeel Tower. My students have told me that there's a completely different feeling from the Eiffel Tower thought. We decided to goto the Aquarium underneath instead.

I have no clue what this is but it looks kind of like a spotted/leopard kind of eel... It looks quite interesting.
The whole time I was walking around in here, it looked kind of cramped and that the fish were in tanks that were quite small for them. It reminded me of a Chinese Restaurant. You know, when they have those fish tanks in the fron and you can decide what kind of seafood you can get and then they will cook it for you FRESH. So the whole time, I kept thinking of how my parents would enjoy eating these first -_-*



0 Comments:
コメントを投稿
<< Home