11月 08, 2006

Flower Arrangement at Ginza

Sometime in October, I went to Ginza with Roberta since some lady gave my housemate free tickets to a flower arrangement show. Since she couldn't go, she gave them to us. Ginza is the really rich/ post part of Tokyo where they are LV stores, Bulgari, etc. Just really high class and everyone looks pimped out. Before we went, we went to Japanese class where our teachers told us that dressing in jeans and tshirt was fine but when we got there, we definitely felt like a few bums on the street as everyone was really classy looking. Ever since I got here, I feel like my lazy style of dressing is just not upto par... hahaha ..and that feeling is magnified in Ginza where EVERYONE (and their mother) dresses like they havea million bucks :S

I don't know much about flower arranging, but I thought these pics were really cute. You're going to have to excuse the lack of comments :) The white things are interesting, it was floating from the ceiling. For some reason it reminds me of lotus root... These are obachans (old ladies) that were at the flowering arrangement place. They looked really cool and cute in their kimono so I thought I should take a picture of them. :)

The way I take pictures of random people is kinda sketchy I guess, I mean who wants their photo taken randomly by some stranger. But thise picture is of two girls dressed like maids in Akihabara (Electric town where all the nerds hang) and they're handing out fliers...this one's for Edgar! :P

Speaking of Akihabara, as I was walking buy, I saw this one sketchy looking man pull out a few stuffed toys from his back pack and proceed to arrange and pose them in front of a tree on top of a metal railing type of thing. He then took out a really hard core looking camera...the pro kind and started taking pictures of his posed stuffed dolls... it was really strange and a little creepy if I do say so myself :