Randomness
These are just some rather random pictures that I've taken and don't fit in w/ anywhere else...

Not to flash everyone, but this is when I got bitten by something in September. Previously something bit my hand and it swelled into a mutant hand and i was a little ashamed for it to be seen by my students so I had to non chalantly hide my hand away. After that recovered, about a week... I got bitten on the leg... like the hand, at first it was nothing but then it started swelling until you see it like the above picture. You can actually see a bullseye like pattern where there are different layers of swelling : I think I'm allergic to bug bites :S
My cell phone. Apparently, this model is called Slimia since its the size of a credit card. It took me a long time to get since the new soft bank system was down and i had to wait a couple of hours. Had to get this in Shibuya as that's one of the only places that had english staff. I could've gone to any store, but I prefer to know in English what I'm getting myself into since I had to sign a contract.
The first vending machine I saw that wasn't beverage related. The drink ones are cool, they sell both hot and cold drinks and the one at work even sells Corn Soup! This vending machine is a rice vending machine. Its quite interesting as the rice comes out the bottom in bags. You can choose how big a bag you want and there are different grades of rice.
A bunch of cake pieces that I bought in the supermarket beside my work place. This whole box costs 650 yen!! (That's right $6.50). They were pretty good for the price :)
Dango that Roberta bought for us at the store. They're made of that mochi stuff and inside there's definitley a red kind of paste of what i suspect to be azuki beans (red beans) ...

Not to flash everyone, but this is when I got bitten by something in September. Previously something bit my hand and it swelled into a mutant hand and i was a little ashamed for it to be seen by my students so I had to non chalantly hide my hand away. After that recovered, about a week... I got bitten on the leg... like the hand, at first it was nothing but then it started swelling until you see it like the above picture. You can actually see a bullseye like pattern where there are different layers of swelling : I think I'm allergic to bug bites :S
My cell phone. Apparently, this model is called Slimia since its the size of a credit card. It took me a long time to get since the new soft bank system was down and i had to wait a couple of hours. Had to get this in Shibuya as that's one of the only places that had english staff. I could've gone to any store, but I prefer to know in English what I'm getting myself into since I had to sign a contract.
The first vending machine I saw that wasn't beverage related. The drink ones are cool, they sell both hot and cold drinks and the one at work even sells Corn Soup! This vending machine is a rice vending machine. Its quite interesting as the rice comes out the bottom in bags. You can choose how big a bag you want and there are different grades of rice.
A bunch of cake pieces that I bought in the supermarket beside my work place. This whole box costs 650 yen!! (That's right $6.50). They were pretty good for the price :)
Dango that Roberta bought for us at the store. They're made of that mochi stuff and inside there's definitley a red kind of paste of what i suspect to be azuki beans (red beans) ...

5 Comments:
agreed, very random post :P
but looks like some yummy food!
hope your bug bite's gone away and they stay away from you.
Yup, its pretty much gone now.. and its getting cold so hopefully there won't be any more bites!
You finally updated - nice to see that you are enjoying Japan. Lovely pictures and stories... so want to be there right now instead of here. Love the cake pieces... yummy!
Ouch- your bug bite looks painful.
mh
Ouch, that bite is rather big... but, Wow.. that cell phone looks wicked!!! hahah. .compared to the Cdn phones in here.. :S And I'm SOOO JEALOUS of you girls travelling in Japan..... :( When can I travel too!! :P
hey!
no updates again :(
and! did you get my letter? ... haven't heard back from you in a month! hope you're still alive :P
anyway i will be sending you a christmas card - yay!!! hehe
i'm so tired ... going a bit delirious from writing so many papers -
jan
コメントを投稿
<< Home