12月 04, 2006

Alive and well

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Being lazy is only part of the reason. I do have lots of pictures that I will post up very soon from my trip to Kyoto and Osaka last month. It was amazing!! Who knew I would enjoy autumn leaves changing scenery so much. I've also recently been sick so I've been a bit tired and run down lately. From what I could tell, the doctor told me in broken english that I had bronchitis. Last week, I had completely lost my voice and could only make weird squeaking noises. I felt really sorry for my students as I had to whisper to them the days previous to that. I finally was able to see a doctor, but all the nurses kept laughing at me as I had to have a notepad with some really crappily written Japanese on it to express what I needed and when I tried to talk, they would smile and go 'I can't hear you!'. I had to get 4 types of pills and take about 14 pills a day. Japanese drugs are either extremely ineffective or I was really sick but I have a feeling that it was the former rather than the latter. I'm almost all better now except that my voice is still unusually deep and I cough every now and then but I even had one student comment how clear my voice was compared to the how manly/deep/raspy/smoker-like it was before.

6 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

take care of yourself, steph! :)

12/09/2006 02:36:00 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

try to take a good care of yourself!

12/12/2006 08:59:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

some honey lemon tea will sooth your throat a bit if you still have the coughs =) take care of yourself

12/24/2006 02:58:00 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Happy 2007...

mh

1/01/2007 11:10:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

stephy!!koro des~ Sam leaked your LJ address to the koro-gumi .. i hope ure feeling better!! recently we haf decided to go to japan this year~~~ ahh , so much to ask you about nihon .... will talk to you soon .. take care lil on~ ;P

1/13/2007 08:59:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Steph!

It's Anna (the younger one) here. Congrats on going to Japan! Sorry to hear your sick though. I hope you feel better!!!

2/10/2007 01:47:00 午前  

コメントを投稿

<< Home